S3Model Documentation Overview¶
Turning data into information
Status - Draft 3.1.0 Released: N/A
Copyright 2009 - 2018 Data Insights, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.
S3Model User & Reference Manual¶
Use the Table of Contents on the left for navigation.
The goal of S3Model is to be Minimalistic, Sustainable, Implementable AND Interoperable.
We would like to thank all of the members of the MLHIM Technology Development Unit at UERJ, INCT-MACC as well as FAPERJ for multiple direct and student grants in support of multi-level modeling and semantic interoperability efforts.
Purpose & Scope¶
Keep everything as simple as possible; but no simpler. – Albert Einstein
The purpose of the S3Model project is to provide a free and openly available specification for implementation of a data-centric, model first system for information exchange.
The S3Model specifications are designed to provide computable semantic interoperability that is entirely independent of any implementation specific contexts. Therefore workflow, security, user access, and data persistence are all outside the scope of S3Model.
Data Insights, Inc. has a growing number of implementation projects and tools that demonstrate this approach and enables interoperability across many contexts and domains.
Conformance to these specifications are represented in a Language Implementation Specification (LIS). An LIS is a formal document detailing the mappings and conventions used concerning these specifications. An LIS is in direct conformance to these specifications when;
- All datatypes are defined and mapped.
- The value spaces of the datatypes used by the entity to be identical to the value spaces specified herein.
- To the extent that the entity provides operations other than movement or translation of values, define operations on the datatypes which can be derived from, or are otherwise consistent with the characterizing operations specified herein.
- Are in indirect conformance with ISO/DIS 21090/2008.
- Comply with applicable sections of ISO 18308/2008.
- Comply with applicable sections of ISO/TR 20514:2005.
- Comply with applicable sections of ISO 13606-1:2007.
- Are in conformance with W3C XML Schema Definition Language (XSD) 1.0
- Are in conformance with W3C Resource Description Framework (RDF) 1.1
The S3Model specifications, reference implementation, and tools are available from Data Insights, Inc.
Contact Us for information and access to model development tools.
The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true. - Edgar Alan Poe